DEVELOPMENT OF SAMBURU COUNTY TOURISM STRATEGIC PLAN
The Northern Rangeland Trust (NRT) has established the need to support the County Government of Samburu to develop, validate and disseminate a ten-year Tourism Strategic Plan (2022-2031).
The proposed ten-year Samburu County Tourism Development Strategic Plan shall provide for Samburu County tourism vision; management of destinations; marketing strategy; definition of top and unique experiences; destination branding and positioning; and creation/inclusion of tourism circuits.
Working closely with NRT and Samburu County staff representing the project and other key stakeholders, we shall;
- Develop a sound methodology that grounds the strategic plan and facilitates a directional analysis of tourism in Samburu County
- Baseline and Reconnaissance studies
- Conduct a baseline study for the tourism sector in Samburu County
- Undertake the Samburu tourism sector reconnaissance study (including capacity need assessments of stakeholders and destinations)
- Guide stakeholder mapping and consultations and understand, obtain, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data relevant to stakeholders and partners.
- Facilitate a stakeholder planning workshop to develop plans and strategies with clear deliverables, indicators, and tools
- Undertake one exposure tour to benchmark best practices in wildlife conservancies, hospitality and tourism
- Develop the Samburu Tourism Strategic Plan; Tourism action plans; and Tourism Circuit(s)
- Present the zero draft of the Samburu Tourism Strategic Plan to the key stakeholders
- Lead the finalization and validation of the Samburu Tourism Strategic Plan with key stakeholders.